Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Why do women HAVE TO HAVE a celeb's dress?

I find it very odd that people are so wrapped up in...oh, I guess...for a lack of a better phrase..."Keeping up with the Jones's." I was watching Kira Phillips on CNN yesterday morning, and she was chatting with CNN London anchor Zain Verjee regarding Prince William and Kate Middleton's visit to the Wimbledon tennis championship.

Phillips mentioned that once Kate was shown on TV, her dress sold out in 30 minutes! Say what?!?! I just don't get it. Why do women around the world HAVE TO HAVE the same dress as a celebrity? Are they insecure, vapid, stupid or a combination of the three?

I remember channel surfing right after William and Kate's wedding and there was a news(?) piece about designer houses scrambling around, immediately creating (drawing and cutting) the same (I understand super secret) wedding dress that Middleton wore in order to sell them post haste. WTF? I wonder how many dresses were sold.

Don't these women have lives? They HAVE TO HAVE the same dress as Middleton?? Puh-Leeze...

No comments: