Sunday, April 23, 2017

"Bosch" drops at Amazon

I binged on Bosch this weekend. Great series. The third season dropped on Friday at Amazon.

I've read all the books (written by Michael Connelly), and I think they are great as well. The TV series takes two or three of the books and creates a hard-nosed, gritty 10-episode season out of them.

It did take me a while in season one to accept Titus Welliver as our hero Hieronymus Bosch, L.A. detective, but now I think he's great. The rest of the cast is solid as well.

I love that they go to various locations in Los Angeles for scenes. I lived in L.A. for over two decades back in the 60s, 70s and 80s, and it's nice (and nostalgic) to see some of the old stomping grounds.

All in all, a fine series to get yourself into, if you're into police procedurals that is.

No comments: